Angelos Papageorgiou (b. 1961) is an associate professor at the Department of Architecture, University of Ioannina, Greece. He has studied architecture in the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki under the scholarship of the State Scholarships Foundation. He has collaborated with Professor Dimitris Fatouros on the renovation of the new halls at the Archaeological Museum of Kavala and Archaeological Museum of Filippoi and with Professor Lois Papadopoulos on the renovation of the Kalamaria Municipal Theatre.
He has contributed as a consultant in architecture and urban space-strategy for urban events. He has participated in more than thirty projects concerning cultural heritage such as the Monasteries of Ioannina Lake Island, Monastery of Tsouka, Monastery of Prophet Elias Zitsa, Hammam (Turkish Bath) in the Fortress of Ioannina, Plaka stone arch Bridge, Kamperaga and Tsipiani Bridges, landscaping of Panepirotan Stadium, and the landscaping of west cost of Ioannina Lake Island. He is a former President and current Secretary of the Association of Architects of Ioannina. His publications trace the interrelation of everyday constructive practices in architecture, urban design and legislative context in Greece.
In 2017 he was selected to be the Head of the Department of Architecture in the University of Ioannina.
Since 2019, he has been teaching in the Interdepartmental Program of Postgraduate Studies of the Polytechnic School of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki: “Protection Conservation and Restoration of Cultural Monuments”.
Articles on the web
Εγκάρσιες διαδρομές/Ρυμοτομία και τοπόσημα στην αγορά των Ιωαννίνων
Ο Καραγάτσης στο Αιγαίο του 1950
Το παράδειγμα και το υπόδειγμα- Αναχαιτίζοντας τη νεωτερικότητα
Το «αίνιγμα» του γεφυριού